Thursday, April 5, 2018

GoScribbler March 2018 Box Unboxing - Emotional Touchpoints

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to be unboxing the first ever GoScribbler box.

GoScribbler is a monthly subscription box created by Lindsay Cummings and Victoria Scott that focuses on teaching writing from experienced authors. For the main focus of the box, you receive a writing passport that is written by a guest author that specializes on a specific part of writing. You also receive a book from the author of the passport of that month.This particular box's theme is "Emotional Touchpoints."

Pricing of the box itself is pretty good at a monthly rate of $29.99 (and a little less for 3 month and 6 month prices), but it's the shipping that gets you. The total for me, as someone who lives in Georgia USA, ended up being $36.98. However, I ended up getting a lot more things than I thought I would, so it was worth it for me.

Also, it's automatically renewed on the 28th of each month, so if you only want a few boxes a year, you have to go in and manually cancel and renew your order before then.

The company is located in Texas, so it originally was only going to be for residents of America, but it now can ship to Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia!

They announce when orders are ending for the month, so keep an eye on their twitter page for when they open and close.

So that's the boring stuff. Now for the fun unboxing!




It's so cute. The best part? It looks pretty small but fits a lot into it.

Also, if you want to take pretty pictures at the end of the unboxing (like I did), take a knife to the tape and don't try to do it with your hands like I did. It'll make your pictures pretty and the box won't look ugly like mine did at the end.





This is what you see when you first open the box. (I started to laugh when I saw the confetti inside. I understand the purpose of it, but my mom, who was in and out asking questions about it, hates any confetti-like things so I used it to tease her a little.)

The white letter on top is the traditional thank you letter that you would find on any monthly subscription box, so I didn't take a photo of what it says.




This is the first thing I opened! It's a cute poster that you better believe I'm going to hang up as soon as I can get my life together.

I received this box on March 21 or March 22 (This is April 5th) and I've kept my Biblical Survey book on it 24/7, and it is still trying to curl in on itself, so if you want to hang a poster received in this box up immediately, you might want to frame it instead of putting it directly on your wall.





I love highlighters. Love them. I also love the different colors of highlighters, instead of just the basic yellow and orange.

As you can see, they are mini sized, but even then they are still pretty good sizes.

I haven't used them yet, but I can't wait to do so.





This is the writing passport! It's a small little booklet that has a lot of information about the box's theme. This particular one teaches you how to make the story reach the reader's emotional side in a more effective way.

As mentioned above, it is written by the author of the book in the box.





This is a cute little decal. I haven't decided where I want to put this, as I know I'm going be replacing my current laptop in the next year or so. I'll probably end up putting it next to my poster that I also received in this box.






These sticker are so cute and I love them. On the paper fed into the typewriter, you can put your word goals on them and put them on a calendar or a planner so you can visually see what your plan for the next day or will will be.








This is found inside an envelope and is another reason why you should buy this box. Each month, they have a private chat with someone from the publishing world so that way you can learn how it works on the inside. I unfortunately will be busy at this time, so I won't be able to take advantage of this great opportunity.

(Also, they were smart to not put any more than the basic information with all of the blogs/booktube vids that will be showing this. Kudos to them.)

This is the info card that tells what is in the box and where you can find the company that sells these things if you ever want to get more of the item.

On the flip side is the announcement for the next month's box. The box for April 2018 is Point of View (POV).




I have never used a bookplate before, but I really appreciate it. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to put it on my book yet or just leave it, but I like having the option.




This is a cute temporary tatoo based on the book in the box. I probably won't ever use it, but it's adorable so you better believe I'm keeping it.







A bookmark is not only a very important object, but it's also a great marketing tool. This is for the guest author's other book.










This is the other side of the bookmark. And it's also signed!!











Finally, we have the book! More Than We Can Tell is the book. It is actually the sequel to the book on the bookmark, but I was excited/thrilled to see in the book's Goodreads discription that it is a standalone novel. (My two TBRs have somehow morphed into three help so I'm having to be very selective in adding books.)







Hidden underneath the book was this pencil case! It's pretty large but it's not too large and I'm using it now. It's also sturdy and that's greatly appreciated by me, who ends up somehow being rough on pencil cases.




Here is the final picture with everything that the box holds!

It's a great box and I highly recommend it if you are trying to start writing or starting to draft your book.

At this time, I'm still in college so I won't be able to get another box for a while, but as soon as I can, I'm getting this monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment